Kato Ladies Clinic pioneers the method of natural IVF. In natural IVF, woman's body is not injected with hormones to induce certain numbers of follicles. Instead, the doctors monitor our naturally produced follicles and pick the best ones.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Eggs Retrieval

I checked in at 9:30AM for my eggs retrieval procedure and went straight to IVF cashier on 4th floor. From there I was directed to wait on the 5th floor. A short time later I was called into the Relax room and changed my clothes to surgical gown. I waited on the provided bed while laying down. There were at least eight beds in the Relax room and every bed was occupied. I got my turn at around 10:50AM and waited in front of the Operation room which was located inside the Relax room. After the previous person was done I was ushered into the Operation room.

The room was very dark just like in the movie theater and I could see the doctor who I assumed would do the operation was sitting down and several nurses who were standing up. I lay down just like having a pap smear examination. The doctor then began the operation quickly while I was watching the process through the monitors. I was not sedated and fully aware of the operation. Five minutes later the operation was done. I got out at 11:05AM and was instructed to lay down for a while.

Then the nurse gave me Flomox pills to take for two days and told me to change and wait on the 9th floor for doctor consultation. At the consultation, the doctor explained the IVF process in detail such as how long the wait period until the blastocyst stage occurs, the survival of the eggs, the embryo transfer, and the costs. He was very informative and encouraging. Due to the statistic and to increase the chance to get pregnant, my husband and I decided to freeze my eggs for the next cycle transfer. Total time spent at the clinic today was five hours and paid 40,000 yen plus 210,000 yen.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, my name is Yoshi. I currently live in the states and my husband and I are thinking about moving to Japan to get IVF treatment for the first time. I am Japanese and my husband is American. Your information is very specific and easy to understand the process of the treatment. Have you ever tried to get IVFs in the states? If so, what would you think is the differences in the process/its method between two countries? One, I am sure the cost is a lot more affordable in Japan. Two, I am assuming you did not need inject anything while preparing and after the procedure?
    I am quite nervous about my first trial, and it would be greatly appreciated if you can help me out have better understanding myself.
    Thank you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yoshi, I am very sorry for the late late reply. I never try IVF treatment prior to Kato Ladies clinic in Japan. I did not have to inject anything into my body while preparing and after the IVF. One thing I did was I started taking folic acid supplement days before eggs retrieval. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete